This post is published here to describe “Jackfruit other Names” in different regions. We have also given some facts about this fruit below. Jackfruit is a relative of the trees in the fig, mulberry, and breadfruit family (Moraceae). Jackfruit is a good source of essential elements that are crucial to human health. This plant fruit contains an effective antioxidant that is necessary for a strong immune system.
Jackfruit other names in different regions
- This scientific name is Artocarpus heterophyllus
- Jaca tree
- Jack tree
- Marang looks similar to jackfruit
- Panasakaya in Telugu
- Kathal in Hindi
- Kothaal in assamese
- Phanas in Marathi
- Ponos in Konkani
- Koa in Guyana
- Chakka pazham in some parts of India
- Kanun in Thailand
- Nangka in Malaysia
- Kathal in Bangladesh
- Halasa in Kannada
- el árbol de jaca in Spanish
Some facts about Jackfruit
- Fruit and seeds from jackfruit trees are used as food and medicine.
- Consuming jackfruit can treat diabetes or act as an aphrodisiac.
- Some people apply jackfruit paste to the skin to treat poisonous bites.
- The wood of the jackfruit tree is also used to make musical instruments and furniture.
- The Western Ghats rain forests in southwest India are widely acknowledged as the place where jackfruit first appeared, despite some authors’ claims to the contrary.
- It’s a widespread misconception that consuming too much jackfruit flake can result in digestive problems.
- However, some people become allergic to it, especially those who are allergic to the tiny pollen grains released when birch trees bloom.
- In the jackfruit, you can find lots of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and unique plant metabolites.
- While the jackfruit’s flesh and seeds are consumed together in curries and other cooked forms, when the flesh is fully ripe, it can also be consumed uncooked.
- Because of their antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, wound-healing, and hypoglycemic properties, the fruits, leaves, bark, and other parts of the jack tree have all been widely used in traditional medicine.
- Including jackfruit in your daily diet can help your body fight disease because it is high in vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Jackfruit replenishes your energy levels by offering 90 kcal of energy per 100 grams along with a healthy amount of minerals and carbohydrates.
I hope you find Jackfruit other names in this article. If you want to know more about jackfruit, read other articles related to jackfruit on our website.